School of Business Administration
School of Business Administration (SBA), under the aegis of Bhagwan Parshuram Institute of Technology, began with one post graduate Programme MBA in the year 2008, affiliated to Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University.
To become a premier centre of learning and research in Business Administration, embracing newer developments in the field of management as fast as they occur.
To impart practical and theoretical knowledge of various aspects of management in order to turn out professional managers with values and ethics to serve the society as well as global organizations in the changing scenario in India & abroad.
Program Specific Outcome (PSOs)
By the end of the programme, students will be able to:
- Critically assess existing theory and practice in the field of Business Administration;
- Respond positively to problems in unfamiliar contexts;
- Develop an ability and apply knowledge to undertake qualitative and quantitative research;
- Identify and apply new ideas, methods and ways of thinking;
- Demonstrate competence in communicating and exchanging ideas in a group context;
- Be able to advance well-reasoned and factually supported arguments in both written work and oral presentations;
- Work effectively with colleagues with diverse skills, experience levels and way of thinking;
- Be able to evaluate business related social, cultural, economic, ethical and environmental responsibilities and issues in a global context.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
Knowledge and understanding of the basic functional areas of business management;
Knowledge and understanding of one or more areas of concentration including the critical skills necessary to solve business problems;
Knowledge of written and verbal communication skills, and technical skills;
Knowledge of the legal and international environments in which businesses operate;
Knowledge of mathematics and statistics sufficient to apply quantitative reasoning and analysis in business decision making;
Knowledge of the economic, political and behavioral areas to be able to manage human and material resources effectively
PROGRAM OUTCOMES (POs)
- Apply conceptual business foundations to solve practical decision-making problems, both individually and as part of teams using techniques such as case analysis, projects and assignments.
- An ability to develop a systematic understanding of global issues and its impact on people, businesses and the economy.
- An ability to demonstrate a critical awareness of current issues (e.g., diversity, social responsibility, sustainability, innovation, knowledge management, etc.) in business and management which is informed by leading edged research and practice in the field.
- An ability to function effectively on multi-disciplinary teams (Team work).
- An ability to analyze a problem, identify, formulate and use the appropriate managerial skills for obtaining its solution.
- Recognize and address ethical issues and values and apply them in organizational settings.
- An understanding of professional, ethical, legal, financial, marketing, sales, logistical security and social issues and responsibilities (Professional integrity).
- An ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally (Speaking / Writing skills).
- Use information and knowledge effectively: scanning and organizing data, synthesizing and analyzing in order to abstract meaning from information, and to share knowledge.
- A Knowledge of contemporary issues (Social awareness).
- An ability to use current techniques, skills, and tools necessary for managerial practice (Practical managerial analysis skills).
- An integrated knowledge of and demonstration of ability to perform as management professionals, and be prepared for continued learning throughout their career. Recognition of the need for, and an ability to access and adapt to the changes.
Prof. Sundram Priyadarshnie
Head, School of Business Administration,
Message from our HOD
Dear Candidates and Students,
Welcome to School of Business Administration!
School of Business Administration offers a two-year, full-time MBA program and Three-year, full time BBA program with a general management curriculum focused on real world practice.
Joining SBA at BPIT as student means becoming part of a management community that propels lifelong learning and career support alongside alumni, peers, faculty and staff who will both cheer and challenge you on as you find and accelerate your path
We warmly invite you to uncover the discipline of Management to shape the future of the Nation.
On behalf of our department, I thank you for your interest and personally invite you to visit the department and explore the resources and opportunities available to our students.