The importance of Information Technology in the world is increasing at a very fast speed. Today, there is hardly any person whose life is not touched by Information Technology. Today, the amount of information being generated is huge and managing this is a big challenge for human kind due to which there is a large demand for qualified IT professionals. The Information Technology department is part of BPIT since its inception. The department offers B.Tech. Information Technology Program with an annual intake of 180 students. We focus on practical aspects of information technology along with the theoretical concepts. B.Tech. Information Technology program of this department is accredited from National Board of Accreditation (NBA).
To emerge as a center of excellence producing globally competent and morally sound professionals in the field of Information Technology who will practice commitment to their profession and dedicate themselves to the service of mankind.
To develop state-of-art laboratories providing relevant practical inputs to students.
To provide strong knowledge base to students in the area of Information Technology and to train them as per the requirement of industries and research organizations.
To facilitate institute industry interaction to the benefit of stake holders and motivate teachers for the continuous improvement of their academic standards.
Program Specific Outcome (PSOs)
After completion of B.Tech in Information Technology, the student will be able to design reliable and efficient software systems using software design principles, algorithms design techniques and data structure.
- Select appropriate Software, hardware and networking environment for IT needs of any organization.
- Use modern technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, cloud computing for building real world applications.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- Graduates will take up professional career in the field of software development, will exhibit teamwork skills and work with values that meet the diversified needs of industry, academia and research.
- Graduates will encompass entrepreneurship skills and ability to develop and implement the innovative, integrated and secure Information Technology solutions for meeting the global challenges and changing requirements.
- Graduates will be able to perform effectively in a multi-disciplinary consistent with ethical and moral practices following environmental friendly approach.
PROGRAM OUTCOMES (POs)
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multi-disciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
Message from our HOD
Welcome to the Department of Information Technology, Bhagwan Parshuram Institute of Technology. Department is one of the most vibrant academic departments in Bhagwan Parshuram Institute of Technology. The department offers B.Tech. in Information Technology. The objective of the department is to create IT professionals who are able to handle any challenge in the field of Information Technology using latest technologies and provide innovative solutions to complex problems in any field. The department also promotes the interdisciplinary research activities among the students and faculty which is evident from the number of quality research papers published by the students and faculty members of IT department. The placement in terms of percentage and average package offered to the students is excellent. The interaction with industry and other academic institution of repute is another strong point of the department. I welcome you. Please feel free to contact in case you have any query related to department of Information Technology at [email protected]