Professor Dr. Payal Pahwa
Areas of Interest
Big Data and Computational Intelligence
about the Professor
Prof. Payal Pahwa is currently working as Principal Bhagwan Parshuram Institute of Technology, Delhi. She received her BE Computer Science in 1994 from MIT Aurangabad, M.S Software Systems in 1998 from Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Ph.D. Computer Science from Jawaharlal Nehru University, Delhi in 2008. Her research areas include Big Data and Computational Intelligence.
Prof. Payal has a teaching and administrative experience of 26 years. She has authored more than 60 research publications in various National and International Journals /Conferences of high repute. Under her guidance 5 PhDs are awarded and she is currently guiding 3 PhD scholars. She was selected by AICTE for UKIERI Leadership Development Training Program in 2017.She is a CMI Level 5 Certified Professional in Management and Leadership from Dudley College London. She is the B.tech Coordinator of GGSIPU from 2018 to present. She was the member of Court GGSIPU-2018 and also the member of Unfair Means Committee GGSIPU from 2017 to 2019.Currently she is a member of School Research Committee of USICT GGSIPU. She has been nominated as an expert several times by UGC to visit institutes under their Swachhta Ranking Programme.
1. Mathur, S., Gupta, S. L., & Pahwa, P. “Enhancing Security in Banking Environment Using Business Intelligence”, International Journal of Information Retrieval Research (IJIRR), 10(4), 21-34. doi:10.4018/IJIRR.2020100102,2020.
2. Aman Dureja & Payal Pahwa , “Medical image retrieval for detecting pneumonia using binary classification with deep convolutional neural networks”, Journal of Information and Optimization
Sciences, 41:6, 1419-1431, DOI: 10.1080/02522667.2020.1809096(2
3. Neetika Bhandari & Payal Pahwa “Evaluating performance of agglomerative clustering for extended NMF”, Journal of Statistics and Management
Systems, 23:7, 1117-1128, DOI: 10.1080/09720510.2020.1799507,
4. Pahwa, Payal, Neha “Dark Data Analytics Using Block chain Technology.” Advances in Data Sciences, Security and Applications”, Springer, Singapore, 2020. 467-474.
5. Dureja, A., & Pahwa, P. “Analysis of non-linear activation functions for classification tasks using convolutional neural
networks”, Recent Patents on Computer Science, 12(3), 156-161, (2019)
6. Neetika Bhandari, Payal Pahwa, “Comparative Analysis of Privacy-Preserving Data Mining Techniques”, International Conference on Innovative Computing and Communications, Springer,PP 535-541, 2019
7. Payal Pahwa ,Dureja, Aman,. “Image retrieval techniques: a survey.” International Journal of Engineering & Technology7, no. 1.2 (2018): 215-219.
8. Bhardwaj, Piyush, Suruchi Gautam, and Payal Pahwa. “A novel approach to analyze the sentiments of tweets related to TripAdvisor.” Journal of Information and Optimization Sciences39, no. 2 (2018): 591-605.
9. Arora, R., Pahwa, P., & Gupta, D. (2017). “Data quality improvement in data warehouse: a framework”. International Journal of Data Analysis Techniques and Strategies, 9 (1), 17-33.
10. Gupta, Ayushi, Deepali Virmani, and Payal Pahwa. “Priority Dissection Supervision for Intrusion Detection in Wireless Sensor Networks.” Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing book series , pp. 445-455. Springer, Singapore, 2017.
11. Bhardwaj, Piyush, Suruchi Gautam, and Payal Pahwa. “Opinion Mining and Sentiment Analysis of Travel Websites through Twitter.” International Journal of Applied Engineering Research 12, no. 22 (2017): 12431-12439.
12. Piyush Bhardwaj, Dr. Suruchi Gautam, Dr. Payal Pahwa, Neha Singh,”Characteristics and Challenges of Big Data”, International Journal on Recent and Innovation Trends in Computing and Communication ISSN: 2321-8169 Volume: 5 Issue: 6 187 – 190
13. Chhabra, R., Kumar, P., & Pahwa, P. (2016). “An approach to Design Object Oriented Data Warehouse”. International Journal of Research and Engineering, 3(3), 54-56.
14. Miglani, R., Kumar, P., & Pahwa, P. (2016). “Swarm Intelligence Based Data Mart Maintenance”, International Journal of Research and Engineering, 3(3), 57-59
15. Pahwa, P., Virmani, D., & Kumar, A. (2016). “A Novel Framework for Data Processing and Computation of Wireless Sensor Networks on Cloud”. In Emerging Research in Computing, Information, Communication and Applications (pp. 219-226). Springer, New Delhi.
16. Pahwa, P., & Miglani, R. (2015). “Test Case Design using Black Box Testing Techniques for Data Mart”. International Journal of Computer Applications, 109(3).
17. Kumar, A., Pahwa, P., Virmani, D., Rathi, V., & Swami, S. (2015). “Dynamic Cluster Head Selection Using Fuzzy Logic on Cloud in Wireless Sensor Networks”. Procedia Computer Science, 48,
18. Arora, R., Gupta, D., & Pahwa, P. (2015). “Fraud Detection Life Cycle Model: A Systematic Fuzzy Approach to Fraud Management”. International Journal of Computational Intelligence and Applications, 14(02), 1550010.
19. Payal Pahwa and Manju Papreja “Performance Analysis of Classification Algorithms”, IJCSMC, Vol. 3, Issue. 4, April 2014, pg.50 – 58.
20. Payal Pahwa and Manju Papreja “Validation of SOMFA using Data Mining Technique” International Journal of Soft Computing and Engineering (IJSCE) ,ISSN: 2231-2307, Volume-4, Issue-ICCIN-2K14, March 2014, pp 1-4.
21. Chhabra, R., & Pahwa, P. (2014). “Data Mart Designing and Integration Approaches”. International Journal of Computer Science and Mobile Computing, 3(4), 74-79.
22. Payal Pahwa and Rashmi Chhabra “An Object Oriented Data Warehouse Design ” International Journal of Soft Computing and Engineering (IJSCE) ISSN: 2231-2307, Volume-4, Issue-ICCIN-2K14, March 2014, pp 5-7.
23. Pahwa, P., Papreja, M., & Miglani, R. (2014). “Performance Analysis of Classification Algorithms”. International Journal of Computer Science and Mobile Computing, Vol.3 Issue.4, April- 2014, pg.
24. Daya Gupta, Payal Pahwa, Rajiv Arora “An Analysis of Telecommunication Fraud using Outlier Detection Model based on Similar Coefficient Sum ” International Journal of Soft Computing and Engineering (IJSCE) ISSN: 2231-2307, Volume-4, Issue-ICCIN-2K14, March 2014, pp 17-20.
25. Payal Pahwa and Rashmi Chhabra “Analytical study of Clustering Techniques” International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology (IJERT), Vol. 2 Issue 12, December 2013, pp 1446-1449.
26. Payal Pahwa and Rashmi Chhabra “BST Algorithm for Duplicate Elimination in Data Warehouse” International Journal of Management and Information Technology, Vol 4, June 2013, pp 190-197.
27. Payal Pahwa, Rajiv Arora and Garima Thakur “An Efficient Algorithm for Data Cleaning” International Journal Of Knowledge Based organizations., DOI: 10.4018/978-1-4666-1873-2.ch017,2013,pp
28. Payal Pahwa & Manju Papreja , “Cheminformatics based 3D-QSAR study on a series of 1,2-Naphthoquinone Derivatives as PTP 1B Inhibitors”, Acta Poloniae Pharmaceutica n Drug Research, Vol. 69 No. 3 pp. 535-543, 2012 ,ISSN 0001-6837.
29. Payal Pahwa and Manju Papreja “Self Organizing Molecular Field Analysis based 3D-QSAR study on Selective Inhibitors”, Bentham Science Journal. Vol.64,2012.
30. S.L.Gupta ,Payal Pahwa and Sonali Mathur “Classification of Data Warehouse Testing Approaches”, International Journal of Computers & Technology, Volume 3 No 3, , pp. 381-386, Nov-Dec 2012, ISSN 2277–3061
31. Payal Pahwa, Rajiv Arora, Garima Thakur “An efficient algorithm for DW cleansing”, IJKBO, International Journal of Knowledge Based Organization”, ISSN: 2155-6393, pp. 60-75, DOI 10.4018/ijkbo.2011100104, U.S.A., 2011.
32. Daya Gupta,Payal Pahwa,Rajiv Arora, “A Novel Framework and Model for Data Warehouse Cleansing” International Journal of Computer Application (IJCA), DOI 10.5120/3922-5533,
pp.6-13,October 2011, USA,ISSN 0975-8887. (Impact Factor .835)
33. Payal Pahwa & Rashmi Dhara, “Domain Dependent and Independent Data Cleansing Techniques”, International Journal on Computer Science and Technology (IJCST), pp.386-388, VOL- 2,ISSUE-3(Version 2) , September- 2011, ISSN 2 2 2 9 – 4 3 3 3.
34. Payal Pahwa, Geetika Chaudhary, Khyati Jain “A user friendly approach to design a multi-dimensional model using relational databases” International Journal of Computer Science and its Applications. ISSN: 1872-0786, pp. 323-330, August 2011.
35. Payal Pahwa, Rajiv Arora “A novel framework for DW cleansing”, International Journal of computer applications, vol. 32, No.8 ISSN: 0975-8887, pp. 6-13, DOI 10.5120/3922-5538, U.S.A., October 2011.
36. Payal Pahwa, Shweta Taneja and Garima Thakur, “Uclean: A Requirement Based Object Oriented ETL Framework”, International Journal of Computer Science & Engineering Survey (IJCSES) Vol. 2, No.4, pages 45-55, ISSN: 0973-4406, November 2011.
37. Payal Pahwa, Shweta Taneja, Shalini Jain “Design of a multidimensional model using object oriented features in UML”, IARS International Research Journal, ISSN: 1839-6518, Vol-1, No.1, 2011.
38. Parimala N. and Payal Pahwa “Algebra for multiple cubes” in International Journal of Information and Management Sciences”, ISSN: 1017-1819, vol. 21, no3, pp. 285-313,2010.
39. Payal Pahwa, Rashmi Chhabra and Gaurav Tiwari “Spoofing Media Access Control and its counter measures”, International Journal of advanced engineering and applications, volume 1, pp.186-192, 2010.
40. Payal Pahwa and Rashmi Chhabra “Data Quality and Cleansing Tools: A Comparative Study”, International Journal of advanced engineering and applications, volume 1 June 2010, pp 76-79.
41. Parimala N. and Payal Pahwa “From XML Schema to Cube”, International Journal of Computer Theory and Engineering, ISSN: 1793-8201, Volume 1, Number 3, pp 236-243, 2009.
42. Parimala N. and Payal P, “Coalescing Data Marts”, International Journal of Applied Mathematics and Computer Science, ISSN: 2070-3902, Volume 3, Number1, pp 33-38, 2007.
43. Gupta, A., Virmani, D., & Pahwa, P. (2017). “Priority Dissection Supervision for Intrusion Detection in Wireless Sensor Networks”. In Proceedings of the International Conference on Data Engineering and Communication Technology (pp. 445-455). Springer Singapore.
44. Payal Pahwa, Renu Miglani “Hierarchical Approach to Data Extraction using UML 2.0 Behaviour of Classification Algorithm over different Dataset”, International conference on computers, informatics & networks (ICCIN-2k14),pp 4-10, ISBN
45. Payal Pahwa, Geetika Chaudhary, Kyati Jain “Hierarchical Approach to Data Extraction using UML 2.0”, International conference on advanced computing and communication technologies (ACCT11), ISBN : 978-981-08-7932-7, pp. 94-101, Rohtak.
46. Payal Pahwa, Rashmi Dhara, “A Comparative Study of Clustering Techniques”, NCETCIT-2012, May 2011,India.
47. Payal Pahwa, Manju Papreja & Meenakshi Threja, “Development of Computational Regression Methodology for SOMFA Program”, NCETCIT-2012, May 2011,India.
48. Payal Pahwa, Renu Kakkar, “Data Warehouse Testing : An Integration Based Methodology”, NCETCIT-2012, May 2011,India.
49. Payal Pahwa and Shweta Taneja “Object Oriented Multidimensional Modeling using extended UML features” International conference on upcoming trends in IT, UTIT’11,pp. 33-40, DOI 184.108.40.206, March 2011, Ludhiana.
50. Manu Singh, Garima Thakur and Payal Pahwa “A Comprehensive Study of a Sequential Data Cleaning Framework” – LNCS Springer’s Book series 2011, pp. 258-263.
51. Payal Pahwa, Garima Thakur, Manu Singh, “DWCLEANSER; A Framework for Approximate Duplicate Detection” LNCS Springer’s Book series CCIS, Volume 198,part 1,pp 355-364. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-642-22555_0-37.
52. Rashmi Chhabra and Payal Pahwa ” Design and integration of independent data marts” IEEE International conference on advanced computing and communication technologies (ICACCT-2010), pp. 122-130, Panipat.
53. Rashmi Chhabra, Payal pahwa “A Comparative Study of Clustering Techniques” national conference on Emerging Trends In Computer and Information Technology (NCETCIT-2012) 2012, Sonipat.
54. Rajiv Arora, Payal Pahwa and Shubha “Alliance Rules for Data Warehouse Cleansing”, International Conference on Signal Processing Systems, IEEE Explore no. D01 10.1109/ICSPS.2009.133, pp 743-747.
55. Payal Pahwa and Parimala N. “Conceptual Design of Data Warehouses from XML schemas using CCM”, ICICKM-2005, 2nd international conference on intellectual capital, knowledge management and organizational learning, ISBN : 2-3411642-32-VII, pp 387-3, Dubai 2005.
56. Payal Pahwa and Parimala N. “Designing Multiple Star Schemas from XML schema”- CIT-2005, 8th International conference on information technology, ISBN : 1-905305-15-X, pp. 387-394, Bhubaneswar- 2005.
57. Payal Pahwa and Manju Papreja “Development of Computational Regression Methodology for SOMFA Program”, NCETCIT-2012.
58. Rashmi Chhabra, Payal Pahwa “A Comparative Study of Clustering Techniques” National conference on Emerging Trends In Computer and Information Technology (NCETCIT-2012) 2012 , Sonipat
59. Rashmi Chhabra and Payal Pahwa “Data Cleansing Techniques and Tools: A comparative study”, national conference on ICT: Theory, Applications and Practices, pp 54-60, Udaipur.
60. Payal Pahwa and Parimala N. “Data Extraction from Multiple Star Schemata”-GPM Journal of Technology and Management, Vol. 1, No.1, pp 2-6, 2007.